(1) Sun JL, Zhang QQ, Tabassum MA, Ye M, Peng SB, Li Y*. 2017. The inhibition of photosynthesis under water deficit conditions is more severe in flecked than uniform irradiance in rice (Oryza sativa L.) plants. Functional Plant Biology http://dx.doi.org/10.1071/FP16383
(2) Tabassum MA, Zhu GL, Hafeez A, Wahid MA, Shaban M, Li Y*. 2016. Influence of leaf vein density and thickness on hydraulic conductance and photosynthesis in rice (Oryza sativa L.) during water stress. Scientific Reports 6:36894; DOI: 10.1038/srep36894.
(3) Sun JL, Ye M, Peng SB, Li Y*. 2016. Nitrogen can improve the rapid response of photosynthesis to changing irradiance in rice (Oryza sativa L.) plants. Scientific Reports 6, 31305; doi: 10.1038/srep31305.
(4) Xiong DL, Wang D, Liu X, Peng SB, Huang JL, Li Y*. 2016. Leaf density explains variation in leaf mass per area in rice across cultivars and nitrogen treatments. Annals of Botany, 117: 963–971.
(5) Tabassum MA, Ye YH, Yu TT, Zhu GL, Rizwan MS, Wahid MA, Peng SB, Li Y*. 2016. Rice (Oryza sativa L.) hydraulic conductivity links to leaf venation architecture under well-watered condition rather than PEG-induced water deficit. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum 38: 92.
(6) Liu X, Li Y*. 2016. Varietal difference in the correlation between leaf nitrogen content and photosynthesis in rice (Oryza sativa L.) plants is related to specific leaf weight. Journal of Integrative Agriculture 15: 2002-2011.
(7) Xiong DL, Yu TT, Ling XX, Fahad S, Peng SB, Li Y*, Huang JL*. 2015. Sufficient leaf transpiration and nonstructural carbohydrates are beneficial for high-temperature tolerance in three rice (Oryza sativa) cultivars and two nitrogen treatments. Functional Plant Biology 42, 347–356.
(8) Yong Li, Binbin Ren, Lei Ding, Qirong Shen, Shaobing Peng, Shiwei Guo*. Does Chloroplast Size Influence Photosynthetic Nitrogen Use Efficiency? PLoS One 2013, 8(4): e62036.
(9) Yong Li, Binbin Ren, Limin Gao, Lei Ding, Dean Jiang, Xiaoming Xu, Qirong Shen, Shiwei Guo*. 2013. Less chlorophyll does not necessarily restrain light capture ability and photosynthesis in a chlorophyll-deficient rice mutant. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science 199: 49-56.
(10) Yong Li, Binbin Ren, Xiuxia Yang, Guohua Xu, Qirong Shen, Shiwei Guo*. 2012. Chloroplasts downsizing under nitrate nutrition restrained mesophyll conductance andphotosynthesis in rice (Oryza sativa L.) under drought conditions. Plant and Cell Physiology 53(5): 892-900.
(11) Xiuxia Yang1, Yong Li1, Binbin Ren, Lei Ding, Cuimin Gao, Qirong Shen, Shiwei Guo*. 2012. Drought induced root aerenchyma formation restricts water uptake in rice seedlings supplied with nitrate. Plant and Cell Physiology 53(3): 495-504. (1contribute equally to this paper)
(12) Yong Li, Xiuxia Yang, Binbin Ren, Qirong Shen, Shiwei Guo*. 2012. Why nitrogen use efficiency decreased under high nitrogen supply of rice seedlings (Oryza sativa L.)? Journal of Plant Growth Regulation 31(1): 47-52.
(13) Yong Li, Yingxu Gao, Xiaoming Xu, Qirong Shen, Shiwei Guo*. 2009. Light-saturated photosynthetic rate in high-nitrogen rice (Oryza sativa L.) leaves is related to chloroplastic CO2 concentration. Journal of Experimental Botany 60(8): 2351-2360.
(14) Yong Li, Yingxu Gao, Lei Ding, Qirong Shen, Shiwei Guo*. 2009. Ammonium enhances the tolerance of rice seedlings (Oryza sativa L.) to drought condition. Agricultural Water Management 96(12): 1746-1750.