(1) Xifeng Ren, Dongfa Sun*, Weiwei Guan, Genlou Sun, Chengdao Li, Inheritance and identification of molecular markers associated with a novel dwarfing gene in barley. BMC Genetics, 11: 1-7, 2010.
(2) Xifeng Ren, Chengdao Li, W.J.R.Boyd, Sharon Westcott, C.R Grime, Dongfa Sun*, Reg Lance, QTLs and their interaction determining different heading dates of barley in Australia and China. Crop & Pasture Science, 61: 145-152, 2010.
(3) Xifeng Ren, Chengdao Li, Mehmet Cakir, Wenying Zhang, Christy Grime, XiaoQi Zhang, Sue Broughton, Dongfa Sun*, Reg Lance, A quantitative trait locus for long photoperiod response mapped on chromosome 4H in barley. Molecular Breeding, 30: 1121-1130, 2012.
(4) Xifeng Ren, Dongfa Sun *, Genlou Sun, Chengdao Li, Wubei Dong， Molecular detection of QTLs for agronomic and quality traits in a doubled haploid barley population. Australian Journal of Crop Science, 7: 878-886, 2013.
(5) Xifeng Ren, Eviatar Nevo, Dongfa Sun *, Genlou Sun, Tibet as a potential domestication center of cultivated barley of China. Plos one, 8: e62700, 2013.
(6) Xifeng Ren, Dongfa Sun *, Wubei Dong, Genlou Sun, Molecular detection of QTL controlling plant height components in a doubled haploid barley population. Genetic and Molecular Research, 13:3089-3099，2014.
(7) Xifeng Ren,Yonggang Wang,Songxian Yan, Dongfa Sun*,Genlou Sun, Population genetics and phylogenetic analysis of the vrs1 nucleotidw sequence in wild and cultivated barley.Genome, 57:239-244, 2014.
(8) Xifeng Ren, Jibin Wang, Lipan Liu, Genlou Sun, Chengdao Li, Hong Luo, Dongfa Sun*, SNP-based high density genetic map and mapping of btwd1 dwarfing gene in barley. Scientific Reports, 2016, 6:31704.